How to Stay Productive for Creatives
I’m not going to tell you to create a morning ritual or stick to a daily schedule or take this time to try to get fit or exercise daily or finally reorganize every drawer in your entire house even though these would all be amazing goals - BUT we’ve all been told this already.
The TRUTH is - this time will be very hard for the CREATIVES. The ones that spend every waking moment making everyones’s days better. You know who you are.
BUT there are some things you can do to help yourself and your business during this time.
Maybe you don’t want to do any of this today. Maybe you are only 2 episodes into @tigerkingnetflix And that’s ok too. But maybe next week - you might want to get a bit productive. And if so...try one or two of these:⤵️
1. Contact some of your clients, now is a great time to ask them for reviews AND have them book in their next appointment (or three!)
2. Clean up your instagram, go through your old pics and delete the ones that aren’t relevant anymore.(If you want to keep every pic of hair or nails you’ve ever done, create Story Highlights for those)
3. COLLAB! Reach out to other likeminded people/accounts and ask them if they want to collaborate with you - make sure you let them know how amazing you are and how collaborating with you could help them too!
4. Create a new business card or logo. Super easy on @etsyca
5. Try learning a new skill on @skillshare There are millions of things you can learn on there, that will take up so much more time than TikTok
6. @hairbrained_official has free education every day if you want to learn new hair techniques.
7. Download a blank calendar from @canva and fill it with realistic things that you want to accomplish over the next few weeks. Doesn’t have to be huge, just little things that you want to get done. Having it written down will keep you accountable.
8. Finally - make sure to take a few minutes every day to tell yourself that it’s ok to feel lost and scared right now. Drink the wine. Eat the chips. We are all in this together.